Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Diary Page: Thursday July 6,1944

I was reading and came across this in one of Anne Frank's diary pages. It got my thinking alot and made me think of how life is... Does everyone know what they want or how they want to live their life. Here it is and let me know what you think....

"We all live, but we don't know the why or wherefore. We all live with the object of being happy; our lives are all different & yet the same. We three have been brought up in good circles, we have the chance to learn, the possibility of attending something, we have all reason to hope for much happiness, but.... we must earn it for ourselves. And that is never easy. You must work & do good, not be lazy & gamble, if you wish to earn happiness. Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction."

It meant alot to me that a 15 year old girl could think about this at her age. I sometimes wonder if it can make people of this time really understand life and what they got and she didn't...

No comments: